100 Word Song – Sweethearts

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog



Sun shining in
Sweet potato pie
Little dresses with frills on the side
Mourning the loss an era so true
Where boys held doors and girls manners weren’t crude
A music so appreciated each note was heard
When love was obvious not absurd
Vintage romance sitting in cars looking at stars
Simple things like candy and kites on strings
Dinner at the table
A nursery rhyme or fable
A kiss on our child’s forehead now foreign it seems
Like an A on a report card still makes me beam
Keeping the good times real
Cause that’s just how I feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dLt4e-l4DxQ

http://lancemyblogcanbeatupyourblog.wordpress.com/

Comments

  1. keep those good times real for sure...lol...made me think i was at a hoe down right up front...smiles...wish we could hold onto some of those simple pleasures of life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I think you had a typo in your email address. There was bounced mail from this morning's post. So, if you want to, you will have to resubscribe.

    I write quite of few song lyrics, and I assume that this is what you've done here. It's so hard to get the rhythm of music on to a page. That said, I like what you've done here. I think "Simple things like candy and kites on strings" is the most genuine of the lines. "Dinner at the table, A nursery rhyme or fable," rolls off the tongue. "Sun shining in, sweet potato pie...," there is a lot to like here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh those days, such a wonderful share. Where did those days go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since reading the last 4 100 words you did, this one surprised me. I love the tone of this, so hopeful and sweet. Remembering life like children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like quite a challenge and I'll say you tackled it rather well. Though I'm a fool for reminiscing and will always agree yeasterday is better than tomorrow.... Simpler times are always the most wonderful... Excellent read....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I HEAR IT

Revolution (100 word song)

(dVERSE) Crowded Minds